Week 34 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights July Housing data, home sales and employment.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, August 17 – August 21:
Monday, August 17
- Empire Fed Manufacturing survey for August – consensus is 15.0, down from 17.2 in July
- NAHB Homebuilder Survey – consensus is a reading of 73, up from 72. A number above 50 indicates positive outlook
Tuesday, August 18
- Housing Starts for July – consensus is 1.237 million, up from 1.186 in June
Wednesday, August 19
- MBA will release mortgage purchase applications index
- FOMC Minutes
Thursday, August 20
- Weekly unemployment claims – consensus is 900 thousand, down from last week’s surprising low of 963 thousand.
- Philly Fed Manufacturing survey for August – consensus is a reading of 20.5, down from 24.1
Friday, August 21
- Existing Home Sales for July – consensus is for 5.39 million, up from 4.72 million in July
- State employment and unemployment