Week 37 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights NFIB Small Business Optimism Index, mortgage purchase applications index, weekly unemployment claims, and consumer price index.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, September 8 – September 11:
Tuesday, September 8
- NFIB Small Business Optimism Index for August.
- Consumer Credit from the Federal Reserve.
Wednesday, September 9
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will be releasing results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- Labor Turnover Survey from May to June Jobs openings increased from 5.371 million to 5.889 million.
Thursday, September 10
- The weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The early consensus is for a 800 thousand initial claims, down from 881 thousand the previous week.
Friday, September 11
- Consumer Price Index for August from the BLS. Consensus is for a 0.3% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.