Week 38 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the mortgage purchase applications index, the weekly unemployment claims, and the Empire State manufacturing survey.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, September 15 – September 18:
Monday, September 14
- No economic update
Tuesday, September 15
- The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for September. The consensus is for a reading of 5.9, up from 3.7.
Wednesday, September 16
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The September NAHB home builder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 78, no change from 78 in August. Anything above 50 would show that builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
Thursday, September 17
- The weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a 900 thousand claims, up from 884 thousand last week.
- Housing Starts for August.
Friday, September 18
- State Employment and Unemployment for August 2020