Week 39 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights Existing Home Sales for August, mortgage purchase applications index, and the New Home Sales for August.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, September 21 – September 25:
Monday, September 21
- The Chicago Fed National Activity Index for August will be released.
- Q2 Flow of Funds Accounts of the United States from the Federal Reserve.
Tuesday, September 22
- Existing Home Sales for August from the National Association of Realtors. The consensus shows 6.00 million SAAR, a small climb from 5.86 million in July.
- Housing economist Tom Lawler expects the NAR to report 5.92 million SAAR.
Wednesday, September 23
- The Mortgage Bankers Association will be releasing the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, September 24
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. Initial claims were 860 thousand the prior wee.
- Testimony, Fed Chair Jerome Powell, Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, Before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, U.S. Senate
- New Home Sales for August from the Census Bureau.