Week 4 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar is shortened as markets observe Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday on Monday, January 20.
Ahead of the shortened week are updates from the Mortgage Bankers Association, jobless application updates, and manufacturing data from regional Federal Reserve chiefs.
Here are your key updates for the week ahead – January 21-24:
Monday, January 20
- U.S. Markets closed in observance of MLK Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 21
- No major economic announcements.
Wednesday, January 22
- Mortgage Bankers Association to release Mortgage Purchase Applications Index
- Chicago Fed National Activity Index
- FHFA House Price Index
- National Association of Realtors (NAR) Existing Home Sales report
Thursday, January 23
- Weekly unemployment update — higher expected claims at 216,000 up from 214,000 to reflect seasonality
- Kansas City Fed Reserve update on manufacturing data
Friday, January 24
- State employment/unemployment data for the month of December