Week 40 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the House Price Index for July, mortgage purchase applications index, and the Employment Report for September.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, September 28 – October 2:
Monday, September 28
- Dallas Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for September.
Tuesday, September 29
- S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for July.
Wednesday, September 30
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The ADP Employment Report for September. From the consensus, this report will show 605,000 jobs added, up from 428,000 in August.
- Pending Home Sales Index for August. The consensus is 3.2% increase in the index.
- Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for September. The consensus is for a reading of 52.0, up from 51.2 in August.
Thursday, October 1
- ISM Manufacturing Index for September. Consensus is for a reading of 56.2, up from 56.0 in August.
- Construction Spending for August. A 0.7% increase from the consensus.
Friday, October 2
- Employment Report for September. Overall consensus is for 850 thousand jobs added, decreasing the rate to 8.2%.