Week 42 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights The Consumer Price Index for September, the mortgage purchase applications index, and the weekly unemployment claims.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, October 12 – October 16:
Monday, October 12
- No economic releases are scheduled.
Tuesday, October 13
- The Consumer Price Index for September from the BLS. Consensus is for a 0.2% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
Wednesday, October 14
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, October 15
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. Initial claims were 840 thousand the previous week.
- The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for October.
Friday, October 16
- The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for September.
- Retail sales for September will be released. The consensus is for a 0.7% increase.