Week 43 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights State Employment and Unemployment for September 2020, the mortgage purchase applications index, and the Existing Home Sales for September.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, October 19 – October 23:
Monday, October 19
- The October NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 83, unchanged from last month. Anything above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good rather than poor.
Tuesday, October 20
- Housing Starts for September. Consensus is for 1.450 million SAAR, up from 1.416 million SAAR.
- State Employment and Unemployment for September 2020
Wednesday, October 21
- Association (MBA) will release results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- Federal Reserve Beige Book, an informal review by the Federal Reserve Banks of current economic conditions in their Districts.
Thursday, October 22
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is initial claims decreased to 860 thousand from 898 thousand last week.
- Existing Home Sales for September from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus is for 6.25 million SAAR, up from 6.00 million in August.
Friday, October 23
- No economic releases are scheduled for this day.