Week 44 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the mortgage purchase applications index, New Home Sales for September from the Census Bureau, and the Pending Home Sales Index for September.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, October 26 – October 30:
Monday, October 26
- Chicago Fed National Activity Index for September will be released.
- New Home Sales for September from the Census Bureau.
- Dallas Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for October will be released.
Tuesday, October 27
- S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for August. The consensus is for the Composite 20 index to be up 4.2% year-over-year.
- FHFA House Price Index for August.
- Richmond Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for October. This will be the last of the regional surveys for this month.
Wednesday, October 28
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, October 29
- Gross Domestic Product, 3rd quarter 2020 (advance estimate). The consensus is that real GDP increased 31.9% annualized in Q3, up from negative 31.4% in Q2.
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released, showing claims increased to 800 thousand from 787 thousand last week.
- Pending Home Sales Index for September. The consensus is 4.5% increase in the index.
Friday, October 30
- Personal Income and Outlays for September. The consensus shows a 0.5% increase in personal income, and a 1.0% increase in personal spending.
- Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for October. The consensus is for a reading of 59.3, down from 62.4 in September.