Week 47 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the mortgage purchase applications index, the Existing Home Sales for October, and the November NAHB homebuilder survey.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, November – November:
Monday, November 16
- The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for November will be released.
Tuesday, November 17
- The November NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 85, unchanged from 85. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
Wednesday, November 18
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, November 19
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is initial claims decreased to 700 thousand from 709 thousand last week.
- Existing Home Sales for October from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus shows 6.45 million SAAR, down from 6.54 million in September.
Friday, November 20
- The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for November.