Week 49 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the initial weekly unemployment claims report, Chicago Purchasing Managers Index, and more.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, November 30 – December 4:
Monday, November 30
- Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for November.
Tuesday, December 1
- ISM Manufacturing Index for November, with the consensus for 57.5%, down from 59.3%.
Wednesday, December 2
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- Testimony from Fed Chair Jerome Powell about Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, before the Committee on Financial Services and U.S. House of Representatives
Thursday, December 3
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 825,000 initial claims, up from 778,000 last week.
Friday, December 4
- Trade Balance report for October from the Census Bureau. The consensus shows the trade deficit to be $64.7 billion.