Week 52 of the 2020 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights new home sales for November, the mortgage purchase applications index, and more.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, December 21 – December 25:
Monday, December 21
- Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November.
Tuesday, December 22
- Existing Home Sales for November from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus is for 6.70 million SAAR, down from 6.85 million.
Wednesday, December 23
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 900,000 initial claims, up from 885,000 last week.
- New Home Sales for November from the Census Bureau.
Thursday, December 24
- The NYSE and the NASDAQ will close early at 1:00 PM ET.
Friday, December 25
- Merry Christmas!