Week 16 of the 2021 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the mortgage purchase applications index, the initial weekly unemployment claims report, and more.
Monday, April 12
- No major economic releases scheduled for this day.
Tuesday, April 13
- NFIB Small Business Optimism Index for March will be released.
- The Consumer Price Index for March from the BLS will be released, with the consensus showing an0.5% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
Wednesday, April 14
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, April 15
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a decrease to 720 thousand from 744 thousand last week.
- Retail sales for March is scheduled to be released.
Friday, April 16
- Housing Starts for March.