Week 2 of the 2021 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights ISM Manufacturing Index for December, Employment Report for December, and more.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, January 4 – January 8:
Monday, January 4
- Construction Spending for November. The consensus is for a 0.9% increase in construction spending.
Tuesday, January 5
- Corelogic House Price index for November.
- ISM Manufacturing Index for December. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 56.5, down from 57.5 in November.
Wednesday, January 6
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The ADP Employment Report for December. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The report showed 307,000 jobs added in November.
Thursday, January 7
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released.
- Trade Balance report for November from the Census Bureau.
- The ISM non-Manufacturing Index for December will be released.
Friday, January 8
- Employment Report for December. There were 245 thousand jobs added in November, and the unemployment rate was at 6.7%.