Week 3 of the 2021 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the Producer Price Index for December, Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, and more.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, January 11 – January 15:
Monday, January 11
- No major economic releases scheduled.
Tuesday, January 12
- Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for November from the BLS.
- Jobs openings increased in October to 6.652 million from 6.494 million in September.
Wednesday, January 13
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The Consumer Price Index for December from the BLS. The consensus is for 0.4% increase in CPI, and a 0.1% increase in core CPI.
Thursday, January 14
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released, with the consensus showing an increase to 850 thousand from 787 thousand last week.
Friday, January 15
- The Producer Price Index for December from the BLS will be posted. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in PPI, and a 0.2% increase in core PPI.
- Retail sales for December is scheduled to be released.