Week 35 of the 2021 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the mortgage purchase applications index, the initial weekly unemployment claims report, and more.
Monday, August 23
- Existing Home Sales for July from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) will be released.
Tuesday, August 24
- New Home Sales for July from the Census Bureau will be released, with the consensus for 690 thousand SAAR, up from 676 thousand in June.
- Richmond Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for August is scheduled to be released.
Wednesday, August 25
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
Thursday, August 26
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a increase slightly to 350 thousand from 348 thousand last week.
- The Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for August will be released.
Friday, August 27
- Scheduled to release is the Personal Income and Outlays, July 2021. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in personal income, and for a 0.3% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.3%.