Week 7 of the 2021 U.S. Economic Calendar highlights the Consumer Price Index for January from the BLS, the mortgage purchase applications index, and more.
Here are your key economic updates for the week ahead, February 8 – February 12:
Monday, February 8
- No major economic releases scheduled
Tuesday, February 9
- NFIB Small Business Optimism Index for January will be released.
- Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for December from the BLS.
Wednesday, February 10
- The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
- The Consumer Price Index for January from the BLS.
Thursday, February 11
- The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for a decrease to 760,000 from 779,000 last week.
Friday, February 12
- University of Michigan’s Consumer sentiment index. The consensus is for a reading of 80.5.