Today is National Banana Bread Day, and we’d like to share with you a recipe for banana muffins that are great for breakfast or desert!
Quantity: 18 muffins | Prep time: 12 minutes | Cook time: 60-70 minutes
- 2 cups sifted enriched flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar plus milk to make 1/2 cup liquid
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
- Cream shortening, blend in sugar, add eggs one at a time.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture alternately with bananas and liquid, beating well after each addition.
- Add muffin liners to pan.
- Pour mix into muffin pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool several hours or overnight before eating.