Keeping Prescription Drugs Off Our Streets to Prevent Possible Abuse
October 26th is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, which aims to provide a responsible recourse to dispose of prescription drugs, while keeping the public engaged regarding their potential abuse. The statistics surrounding the epidemic of addiction are well defined, and among the states that report, Missouri is significantly impacted.
Today, Paramount Bank would like to take a minute of your time to highlight some statistics and resources for the 18th National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day Collection Results:
- 231 collection sites in Missouri and 6,258 nationally
- 17th National Take Back Day total weight collected nationally: 937,443 lbs. (468.72 Tons)
- 17th National Take Back Day total weight collected Missouri: 38,462 lbs.
- National Take Back 1-17 Totals nationally total weight collected: 11,816,393 lbs. (5,908.2 Tons)
- National Take Back 1-17 Totals Missouri total weight collected: 493,168 lbs.
Paramount Bank urges you to visit two critical website resources you can use to participate or learn more to find a drug disposal location near you:
- DEA and Department of Justice: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/
- Google’s location finder: https://recovertogether.withgoogle.com/prevention/