Grab your favorite potato or tortilla chips, we are going to make a savory french onion dip in honor of National Chips and Dip Day. Let’s be real though, do you really need an excuse?
Quantity: 3 cups | Prep time: 5 m | Cook time: 45 m | Ready to serve: 1 h
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the butter or oil in a large pan on medium heat with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Add onions and stir for 2 minutes, reduce to low heat.
- Cook onions for roughly 40 minutes, stirring onions about every 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking, mix the sour cream, mayo, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper in a dip bowl.
- Mix the bowl, and stick that in the fridge.
- Add garlic to onions, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once the onions are done, put them in a separate bowl to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Making sure the onions are cool, then mix them in with the rest of the ingredients and serve.