Everybody loves a quick and easy to prepare slow cooked meal! Add the optional fresh onion and cayenne pepper for a more layered, savory taste.
Prep time: 15 m | Cook time: 8 h | Ready in: 8 h 15 m
- 1 ounce packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3lb beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion (optional)
- teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place aluminum foil inside slow cooker for easy cleanup.
- Place onion soup mix and butter in slow cooker.
- Optional: sprinkle cayenne pepper in slow cooker
- Optional: chop onion and place in slow cooker.
- Place roast in slow cooker with cranberry sauce on top.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Remove roast and set aside.
- Set slow cooker to high.
- Add flour and whisk into a thick gravy.
- Serve roast with gravy on top and enjoy!